History of Kacal's
Kacal’s Auto and Truck Service was founded in 1949 by George Kacal and began as a Phillips 66 station and small neighborhood repair shop. The shop helped George and his wife, Billie support their family of 12 children. George’s youngest son, Mike took a special interest in his father’s business from early childhood. He grew up helping his dad around the shop and entertaining customers. When Mike was old enough, George began teaching his son about the mechanics of car repair. Everyday after school, Mike would help with the day to day responsibilities of running the family business. After high school, he obtained ASE Master Certifications in cars and trucks and became the lead technician at the shop.
In 1982 George decided that he wanted to spend more time with his wife and grandchildren. He wanted to retire and began looking into selling the business. Naturally, Mike stepped in to make his father an offer. George happily accepted and was thrilled that his legacy would continue through his son who had displayed a life long passion for the family business.